Earlier this week we shared our Chinese Chicken Salad recipe, and today it’s all about our Paleo Thai Prawn Salad recipe!
As we mentioned, the dressing is really the standout for both these dishes. Again, I would suggest making double and using this dressing as a marinade (perhaps for salmon?) or for your next throw-together salad.
The trick with this salad is to use the freshest herbs you can find – they are the ingredients that create the ‘flavour explosion’ you’re likely to experience, so don’t skimp and buy dried or packaged herbs. Even better, grow your own!
Paleo Thai Prawn Salad
We love using fresh or frozen prawns in this salad, but it would also be delicious with salmon, calamari, any light white fish, or even chicken if you’re not keen on seafood. You could even try beef – there’s nothing wrong with experimenting off the menu! Sometimes that produces the best and most surprising results.
- 600g Prawns, shells removed and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 bag broccoli slaw (available at Countdown and New World)
- 1/2 cup coriander, minced
- 1/2 cup mint, minced
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1/4 cup cashews, toasted
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Place the shrimp in a bowl with the olive oil, paprika, salt, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Chop all the lettuce and herbs and place in a large bowl with the broccoli slaw. Set aside.
- Blend together all the dressing ingredients until smooth. Season with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Pre heat grill or pan to medium high and sear shrimp about 2 minutes per side until pink and opaque.
- Divide greens between 4 plates, top with shrimp and cashews.
- Toss with dressing just before serving.