I came across this delicious recipe for a Raw Lime and Coconut Cheesecake on Julia & Libby’s blog and thought it would make the perfect summer dessert. I did make a few alterations to their original recipe (some deliberate, some not so much…) mainly because I am completely obsessed with coconut and always look for ways to sneak it into dishes!
I added strawberries to these cheesecakes, but any seasonal fruits would be fine – check out our seasonal guide for suggestions. I can’t wait to make a raspberry one… and maybe a nectarine one too…! I also picked up some individual mason jars from K Mart and love how they look served in them!
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 4 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/3 cup of lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
- Seasonal fruits
- Coconut flakes
- Soak the pitted dates and walnuts for one hour before using.
- Add the dates, walnuts, almonds and desiccated coconut to a food processor, blend for around 3 minutes or until all the nuts are finely chopped. Place the mixture into the base of muffin trays, make sure the mixture is pushed in well. The mixture should be 1cm deep. Place into the freezer.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and blend until the mixture is creamy and thick. Pour the mixture onto the base and spread evenly.
- Store in the freezer for four hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, add seasonal fruits and coconut.