Continuing with our summer theme of making your BBQ paleo – this week it’s all about getting the veges on your plate! Last week we featured three delicious proteins including seasonal steak rubs, greek meatballs and chicken burgers – make sure you check the recipes out here.
Beetroot is in season right now and this delicious vegetable provides a fabulous pop of colour to any dinner table. We found a fantastic raw beetroot salad recipe which we had to share! Combined with grated carrot and Braeburn apples, the crunch factor is high, and drizzled with a ginger and lime dressing it has a nice zing. We used pre-peeled Leaderbrand beetroot for ease in the kitchen, but you can also wash and peel them yourself.
Serve this raw beetroot salad up at any BBQ this summer and you are sure to be popular with the other guests!
- 3 – 4 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh finely grated ginger
- 1-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of grated beetroot
- 2 cups of grated carrot
- 2 cups of grated apple (we used braeburn)
- Combine the lime juice, honey and ginger in a bowl.
- Whisk in the olive oil, and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Grate the beetroot, carrots and apple and combine in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve!