This month PICK + PALEO is focusing on the best meal of the day – breakfast. A Full English is often known for being a big greasy fry up, with a pile of white toast, slatherings of butter, and a dollop of baked beans…not very paleo at all.
The Full English is also one of the easiest breakfasts to make a few adjustments to in order to become a delectable paleo friendly meal, and one your friends and family wont complain about either!
Why not kick off the long weekend by whipping up a delicious big breakfast and creating your own paleo Full English.
To make your paleo Full English this weekend, include as many of the below as you like:
- eggs any way you like them – poached, scrambled, fried
- bacon – make sure yours is preservative and nitrate free
- sausages – preservative and nitrate free
- thick slices of chorizo
- portabello mushrooms
- grilled tomatoes
- wilted baby spinach
- perfect paleo hash browns (try our recipe here)
- florets of broccoli or stems of broccolini
- fried onions
- slices of avocado
Some other tips:
- Use olive, coconut or avocado oil for cooking and frying
- Try grilling, instead of pan frying
- Bump up your vege count by including tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, avocado and onions
- Don’t opt for a Full English every day (or week) and save them for a special occasion
- Serve with piping hot tea, or a fresh pot of coffee
Happy Waitangi Weekend – we hope you enjoy the extra sleep in, and your paleo Full English Breakfast!