It’s harvest time in the potato fields right now, with Little Diggers waxy salad potatoes being freshly dug up by the spade-full. Little Diggers are harvested in the summer months when they are still young – meaning they are small, tender and perfect for summer meals. And yup, potatoes are part of our paleo diet (read why here) so we wanted to use these beauties for a delicious breakfast recipe.
Little Diggers are versatile, delicious and healthy enough to be more than just a sidekick – so today they are the star of the show in our perfect paleo hash browns.
Top them with poached eggs, serve with a side of organic bacon, or dip them in some paleo aioli (make paleo mayo and simply add garlic – recipe here). Whatever way you serve them, hash browns are great for a weekend breakfast or brunch.
- 1 bag of Lucky Sods Little Diggers waxy potatoes
- Coconut Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Grate the Little Digger potatoes using the largest holes on your grater. If you have a fancy food processor, you could use this too.
- Place the shredded potatoes on paper towels and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Cover a plate with a couple of paper towels and pop the potatoes on it. Cook in the microwave on high for one minute.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot and shimmery, spoon in the shredded potato. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Use a spatula and press the potato into an even layer, cook until it is golden brown on the bottom (approx 2 minutes).
- Use the spatula to flip the potato over to cook the other side.
- Drain on a paper towel, and serve!